Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my observational post on drinking establishments. Call it a bar, pub, tavern, dive, tap-house, lounge, watering hole or whatever fills your mug. I’ll even include restaurants who take their bar patrons seriously. I live and work in the Boston area and I’ve tipped a few back ‘round these parts - from last call at Murphy’s Law to martini’s and oysters at Eastern Standard. My whims and desires change like the weather around here – some days I just want a beer and to catch some sports. If I’m with my girlfriend we’re probably on the hunt for a nice glass of wine and some creative appetizers, tapas or a raw bar. If I’m with friends from out of town I’ll bring them to a spot like the Barking Crab for a beer on their outdoor deck with a sweet view of downtown (and smash a lobster with a rock). You get the point – different bars for various occasions: burger and beer, live music with a Jack and Coke, scotch while people watching. I have many needs and you’ll read about all of them here (eventually).

No comments:

Post a Comment